Robustel's cellular routers are designed to provide temporary 4G broadband connectivity, or to act as backup 4G WAN for existing sites, where additional network resilience is required.
Robustel routers can work independently to provide internet access through:
- An existing WiFi network
- An existing Ethernet network, or
- Over a cellular 3G/4G connection.
An extensive configuration capability means that any of the WAN types can act as the primary link. Secondary and tertiary links are invoked when loss of the first network is detected.
Robustel routers also feature protocols such as DMVPN, VRRP and PPPoE to allow them to work in harmony with other firewall/router devices, creating a fault-tolerant solution. Robustel's 3G/4G routers can integrate with products from manufacturers such as Cisco, Juniper and Sonicwall.
Using PPPoE on a Robustel router can effectively turn it into an economical 4G modem. Plug it into the Ethernet WAN port of any network appliance that supports PPPoE, and you have an instant 4G failover solution. (Without significant change to network topology or configuration)!
What are the benefits of partnering with Robustel to deploy Fixed-Line Redundancy Solutions?
Robustel Benefits At-a-Glance
- Competitive Pricing: Robustel offer the extremely cost-effective addition of 4G cellular connectivity to any WAN infrastructure.
- ‘Dual module’ routers: Allows 2 x 4G SIMs to be used concurrently. The router can switch to a backup 4G path in under 3 seconds – ideal for critical security applications.
- ‘Dual SIM’ routers: Dual SIM capability allows "dialling up" on a secondary cellular network if primary fails.
- Multi-Network SIM Support: Support for roaming/multi-network SIMs provides enhanced reliability of your backup 3G/4G link.
- Global Router Management: RCMS router management platform provides a simple overview of 4G router estate - API interface allows for easy integration into Network Management Platforms.
- Native VPN Protocols: Robustel’s devices have native applications to control a wide variety of VPN protocols to help secure data transmissions across the public internet - IPSEC, OpenVPN (TAP and TUN), L2TP and more.
- ‘RobustVPN’: A unique networking solution from Robustel. Allows deployers to make a remote connection to any ethernet or serial device directly using any SIM, anywhere, without the need for a static IP address.
Create your own application using RobustOS
All Robustel routers run the Linux-based “RobustOS” operating system.
Because we write our router Operating System in-house, our tech support and software customisation is perfectly integrated.
This means that users in the fixed-line deployment market can develop a dedicated application for Robustel’s routers. Customise your solution to perfectly meet the project’s demands.
For example, you could create a custom SNMP MIB application, designed to serve specific network performance indicators to the customer's chosen network management platform.
Cloud Device Management and VPN Access through RCMS
Robustel Cloud Manager Service (RCMS) is Robustel’s custom IoT software platform and eco-system. Connecting your Robustel device to RCMS opens up a world of applications that make managing devices, connectivity and provisioning simple.
Use the Robustlink Device Manager App inside RCMS to instantly access your connected devices from anywhere. You can configure, update apps and firmware, debug error logs and view data usage at any time, from anywhere.
Use the RobustVPN App inside RCMS to allocate one or more of your deployed devices to a VPN group. They can then be accessed through the RobustVPN desktop application, eliminating the security risk of a public IP address or the need for private Static IP allocation from your carrier.