What is a Cellular Embedded 4G router?
A cellular embedded router uses cellular connection instead of traditional wired connection. This bypasses wired cabling, using a 4G LTE cellular connection to provide connectivity for your network. These routers look similar to a standard one, but don't need to stay in one physical place—allowing more freedom for router placement and network setup.
Applications of Robustel’s 3G 4G Routers
An embedded 3G 4G router takes up less room than a traditional router, making them ideal for applications that require a solution that doesn’t take up much space. Robustel’s routers can also be easily integrated into custom products and projects - suiting a range of industries, from smart cities to medical and retail applications. Equipped with two Ethernet ports, these routers communicate with measuring systems and support Modbus communication protocols.
Robustel’s R1511P LTE embedded router is designed for various space-constrained IoT applications such as:
- EV charging
- Traffic signs
- Vending machines
- Medical Instruments
- Industrial instruments
- Smart farming machinery
- Energy and utility systems.
Benefits of an embedded 4G router
Embedded 4G routers offer a range of benefits over their traditional counterparts that make them a highly desirable solution across a range of industries. These benefits include:
- Cost-efficient embedded routing. The R1511P offers a small footprint 4G/LTE Router board at a competitive price.
- Designed to Fit. The R1511P has a small yet simple design making it ideal for installation into space-constrained and custom housing.
- Pre-Certification. The R1511P can be pre-certified in some markets to reduce the overheads of certifying a device from the raw module level upwards.
- RobustOS Inside. Offers a highly configurable operating system, without the need to develop an environment for the device to interact with.
- Increased flexibility. Integrate your embedded router with a wide range of equipment and systems.
Key features of the R1511P
Robustel’s R1211P router comes with a range of features to suit your project. Key features include:
If you’re looking for a router that’s small in size yet built for connectivity and capacity, the embedded 3G/4G router will provide ample solutions. Paired with Robustel’s R1511P Development Kit, get all the parts you need to evaluate the suitability of the R1511P router for integration in your projects.
- R1511P development kit provides everything a customer needs to evaluate R1511P
- Dual Ethernet, WiFi (AP and client) and 4G/3G/2G capability
- RS232 (default) or RS485 port for connection to serial devices + integrated Modbus gateway
- Pre-certified PCB means that manufacturer certification challenges are minimised
- Fully programmable Linux environment with excellent SDK Documentation
- Can be connected directly to Raspberry Pi or similar low cost embedded PC for internet access
- “Smart Reboot” included for enhanced Roaming SIM management
- Bulk packaging + shipping options to minimise addition to customer BOM cost
- Free Cloud platform with API
- Small footprint powerful 4G router board – fully customisable in software
Our team is here to help you find the right solution for your project. Contact us to find out more or learn the specifications of our embedded 3G/4G router.