Robustel’s Elevator IoT solution is designed to gradually increase the raw data collection from elevators and their operating environment to create actionable Preventive & Predictive tasks to reduce maintenance costs and minimize failure rates.
With more and more elevators being fitted across the world and incident levels rising, it’s becoming increasingly difficult for elevator manufacturers and maintenance companies to guarantee performance while maintaining a positive return on revenue. Companies are finding themselves with a shortage of technical expertise and high costs of labor for elevator operations; For manufacturers, there is also the need to create a real-time stream of operational data for further product improvement.
Robustel solves these problems by introducing the ‘Smart Elevator’ solution. Connecting elevators to Robustel’s state of the art wireless IoT Gateways to maximize the intelligence of elevator systems by collecting, analyzing and utilizing elevator data, to transform the current “Fault-reactive” service practice, to a better “Fault-avoidance” practice.
By integrating Robustel’s intelligent elevator gateway, with sensors and management platforms, Robustel’s smart elevator solution can enable state monitoring, remote management, data statistics, fault alarming, maintenance supervision, advertisement placement, emergency response and other features.
Robustel Benefits at a glance
- Outbound Internet – Robustel’s 3G/4G routers can be configured to provide outbound internet access as well as inbound connections to specific elevator controllers and sensors.
- ‘RobustVPN’ – A unique networking solution from Robustel. Allows deployers to make a remote connection to any connected elevator system directly using any SIM anywhere on the planet without the need for a static IP address.
- VoLTE – As fixed line voice services are phased out across the world, Robustel’s devices can provide an outbound voice channel over cellular for emergency operation.
- Integrated Sensors – Robustel have worked with some of the world’s leading manufacturers of elevators to ensure native integration with critical sensing and alerting technology.
- Built in Firewall – Robustel routers come equipped with a natively available firewall that can help with integration into more complex networks and ensure the stability and resilience of your wireless environment.
- ‘Failover mode’ – Router can be configured to use a standard internet connection (ADSL/fibre) as primary internet connection & only use 4G data on primary connection loss to give elevators 24/7 uptime.
Create your own application using RobustOS
All Robustel routers run the Linux-based, “RobustOS” operating system.
Because Robustel write the router Operating System in-house, Robustel’s levels of tech support and software customisation far exceed the typical capabilities available in the market.
This means that users deploying Smart Elevators can develop a dedicated application for Robustel’s routers to customise the product’s behaviour to exactly meet the project’s demands.
For critical applications intelligence can be placed at the network Edge inside the router to allow faults and exceptions to be handled immediately before the router needs to communicate to a cloud environment to get its next action; saving time, money and potentially lives in the process.
Cloud Device Management and VPN Access through RCMS
Robustel Cloud Manager Service (RCMS) is Robustel’s custom IoT software platform and eco-system. Connecting your Robustel device to RCMS opens up a world of applications to make managing devices, connectivity and provisioning simple.
Use the Robustlink Device Manager App inside RCMS to instantly access your connected devices from anywhere. Allowing you remotely configure, update apps & firmware, debug error logs and view data usage at any time.
Use the RobustVPN App inside RCMS to create allocate one or many of your deployed devices to a VPN group which can they be accessed through the RobustVPN desktop application to access your deployed devices without the security risk of a public IP address or the need for private Static IP allocation from your carrier.