This white-paper from Robustel introduces a selection of core security concepts associated with deploying cellular (3G/4G) Routers and Gateways.
The architecture of these deployments typically involves a router, a SIM card and a connected ‘end’ device such as a PLC, IP Camera, BMS Controller, media player or other similar device at the edge, using publicly available cellular networks to move data from the edge to the cloud.
This Whitepaper consists of 5 sections:
- Choice of SIM Card - Reducing risk for malicious activity through selecting a secure SIM Card and reliable provider
- Physical Security - Making sure you consider the physical access options to your device not just virtual
- Wi-Fi Security - Managing security holes made through a public SSID
- VPN Options - How to carry traffic securely and reliably across the public internet
- Robustel Specific Considerations - How to optimise your Robustel hardware for maximum security