Digital Signage system architects and installers use Robustel's 3G and 4G routers to provide media players (including Android, Windows and Linux) with internet access. Keeping media players connected to the internet allows them to check the Content Management Server for updates. This means advertisers can keep the products /services displayed relevant to their audience.
The internet connection can also enable applications such as Teamviewer or Intel's VPro technology to allow remote maintenance of digital signage sites. Meanwhile the DO (Digital Output) on Robustel's 3G and 4G routers can be used to trigger a hard reset of the attached media player. This means fewer site visits, keeping your maintenance costs down.
One of the major issues with digital signage applications is expensive data over-use. This is usually as a result of excessive client-to-server communications. Robustel cellular routers solve this problem by using the in-built packet sniffer. This will help you get a clearer picture of how and when digital signage systems are consuming 3G/4G mobile data.
What are the benefits of partnering with Robustel to deploy Digital Signage Solutions?
Robustel Benefits At A Glance
- Cost Effective: Our highly-reliable and cost-effective solutions provide an alternative to cheap USB Dongles. (Which are not ideal for "unattended" applications).
- RobustVPN: Our unique networking solution allows you to remotely connect to a media player, billboard or LED Sign using any SIM, anywhere in the world, without the need for a static IP address.
- Data Limiting App: Provides protection against unexpected data over-use and subsequent costs. Media and video updates can burn through data extremely quickly, so a safety net is essential.
- Built-in Firewall: Robustel routers come equipped with a natively available firewall, which prevents your media player from accessing unwanted internet sites. (Another issue which generates high 3G/4G data usage bills for some users).
- Failover mode: The router can be configured to use a standard internet connection (ADSL/fibre) as primary internet connection. If it loses that connection, it will then failover to 4G data.
Create your own application using RobustOS
All Robustel routers run the Linux-based “RobustOS” operating system.
Because we write our operating system in-house, Robustel's levels of tech support and software customisation far exceed the typical capabilities available in the market.
This means that Digital Signage deployers and installers can develop a dedicated application to meet their project needs.
For example, one such application could include gathering data from the attached media player. (Developers could achieve this by HTML scraping, or other means). Once collected, that information is delivered to a relevant server/head-end. This would add a media player "healthcheck" function, using the same infrastructure.
Cloud Device Management and VPN Access through RCMS
Robustel Cloud Manager Service (RCMS) is our custom IoT software platform and eco-system. Connecting your Robustel device to RCMS will open up a world of applications, making device management, connectivity and provisioning simple.
Instantly access your connected devices from anywhere, using the Rlink Device Manager App inside RCMS. You can configure remotely, update apps and firmware, debug error logs and view data usage at any time.
Use the RVPN App inside RCMS to create a VPN group, or allocate devices to a VPN group.
The devices can then be accessed through the RVPN desktop application. This eliminates the security risk of a public IP address, or the need for private Static IP allocation from your carrier.